Friday, July 23, 2010

It's Friday!


Good morning everyone. Hope this will be a great start to a weekend of fun, sun and relaxation. Heaven knows it's going to be a hot one. The old thermometer on the patio said 98 degrees yesterday. I took the dog out this morning and it was already steamy. I guess that's the price we pay for living in the South - mild winters (which we love) and super, hot, humid summers.

The doll above is one that I made last year - Mavis and Kitty Kat. She is truly one of my favorites. Hope you like her!

I'm typing a little slowly today, nearly cut the tip of my finger off last night making dinner. We had fajitas with guacamole on the side with some fantastic chips. Anyway, I cut around the avocado, twisted it apart, jabbed the knife in the pit and wham! The knife slipped and sliced the end of my left index finger. Hubby ran and got a bandage, said something about being careful, and then looked at it and said, "ah, that's not too bad". The concern just touched me. (sarcastic) I asked what would he do if I had cut off the tip of my finger. He answered, "starve".

Ah well, I am very busy working on my book, The Primitive Doll Maker, and got all the patterns completed yesterday. Thank goodness I've been working on the text for several months and it's nearly finished. I was hoping to have it completed and available for purchase by October, but that may not happen. I'll either have to give up on dolls and make-do's for a while, or crack the whip and work double-time until it's completed.

I'm working on restocking my Etsy site. Will let you know as soon as I get my pictures uploaded and everything in place there again. Several people have asked why my Etsy site has been empty for a little over a year. The answer is: I had heart and aortic surgery in the late spring of 2009, went through about a year and a half of intensive rehab and as of my last check-up, I'm doing very well. I'll have to have another battery of tests done this November, but I don't anticipate any problems.

Okay, my finger is now throbbing, I'm getting hungry, and my coffee cup is empty. I'm going to go get started on my day. Hope yours is as fruitful and pleasant as you need it to be!

Have a fantastic weekend,
Alisa

No comments:

Post a Comment